Setting Up Alert Notifications
Newsroom allows your editorial team to receive notifications of the Article Alerts, prompting them to take real-time action to improve user engagement. These alerts can be sent to your email inbox, your Slack account via a Slackbot message, or via Mobile Push, keeping you completely up to date with recommended actions for your site.
You are able to choose the alerts you care about most. This allows you to filter any of the Alert views to only show these alerts, and separately you can choose how to receive a notification when there is a new alert.
Customize “My Alerts”
Here’s how to customize the alerts included in My Alerts:
- Click on your username at the top left corner of the page, and choose Manage Alerts
- You will see two tabs – “My Alerts” and “Notification Settings.
- Choose which Alerts you want to be included in “My Alerts”. You can choose each alert for “Everything” which includes all articles on the site, “My Articles” which includes alerts for articles with the byline selected in My Profile Settings, or “My Sections” which includes alerts for articles included in sections you’ve selected in My Profile Settings.Note that the Front Page and Topic Insights alerts are only available for the entire site.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page.
Customize Notifications for Your Alerts
You can click on the second tab, “Notification Settings” to choose how you would like to receive notification of new alerts by email and Slack:
- Click the Notification Settings tab at the top of the page
- You can choose whether to receive notifications here via Email, or Slack. Once you’ve checked the box, you can change the email address or Slack username. NOTE: Your Newsroom Admin must have Slack notifications enabled in Publisher Settings to use this option. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance doing this.
- Choose the language for your notifications. Currently, notifications are offered in English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, and Korean.
- You can also choose to only receive the email/slack notifications during certain times, or pause them while you’re on vacation without losing your settings.
- Click Save
You can also choose to receive alerts via Mobile Push notification on our Android and Apple apps. These settings are available within the apps and are not tied to your ‘My Alerts’ or email/slack settings.